Saturday 12 October 2013

PROTEIN TREATMENT

 I am a frugal naturalista on a very very tight budget (well, i will like to believe that) and hence am an advocate for D.I.Y's. This is the run down of my protein treatment. I do this once a month as well as my regular deep conditioning. I try not to skip this treatment because its very vital to the strength of my hair and length retention.

Some people are protein sensitive and so find what works best for you and stick with it. No two hairs are the same and so do not be afraid to tweak mixtures and procedures to suit yourself.

Be good to yourself






Egg Yolk

Considering the length of my hair, I used two egg yolks.

To thicken my mixture for easy application and for all the other benefits, i added a deep conditioner of choice and my oils (adding the deep conditioner is optional since the egg on its own works perfectly as a protein treatment)



Mixing everything together for a smooth consistency

Final consistency


Application in sections. Personally i do not apply the mix to my scalp, i concentrate on the length of the hair and especially on the ends which happens to be the oldest part of our hair

Application

completed quadrants

My crazy DIY color. Some people use length check T-shirts to assess growth, well i use the line of my color demarcation for that.



Baggy method


Scarfing to trap the heat produced by my body to encourage deep conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment