Wednesday 9 October 2013

MICRONIZED RHASSOUL CLAY


Rhassoul Clay has an extraordinary power of absorption which makes it more effective than other clays for cleansing, detoxing, and general hair and skin treatments. 
The Rhassoul Clay treatment works great for detoxification (detox), which improves your skin and hair by removing impurities. 
Rhassoul Clay Treatment can be used every 1-2 weeks, as desired.
 It doesn’t strip away your natural oils nor does it harm your hair if used more frequently. 
 It’s a really good “deep cleansing treatment” that is amazing for your hair.

BENEFITS OF RHASSOUL CLAY (FOR THE HAIR)

  1. Strengthens
  2. cleanses profoundly (especially good for sisters who don't use shampoo or do not shampoo often)
  3. moisturizes
  4. enhances volume 
  5. gets rid of dandruff

Micronized Rhassoul Clay from the SHEABUTTER COTTAGE



This is how much of the clay i mixed

My quantity (i eyeballed it)


Rhassoul Clay swells when absorbing liquids. Start with a small amount of water and add more if needed to make a smooth paste.
My mix looks a little lumpy here but it mixed smoothly.
I mixed my clay with hot water.


At this point i had two options with the apple cider vinegar.
Either i add it to my mix like i did above or i add one part vinegar to 3 parts water and rinse my hair after i wash out the clay.

You can omit the vinegar at this stage and apply the mixture as it is or you can invoke the mixtress in you and experiment by adding on other products. Some people add honey, conditioner of choice, EVOO and other oils.

Depending on your mix, Rhassoul clay is excellent for a facial mask. Honey is friendly enough for the face.


I used a small amount.
Don’t worry, the vinegar smell will dissipate once your hair dries, so you don’t have to go around smelling like a bowl of salad all day (not that that’s a bad thing!).


A little elbow work and my mix was soooo smooth. I let it sit for a few minutes whiles i washed my hair for the process.
Remember to start with a small quantity of clay because the rhassoul clay expands when mixed with liquids.


I always work in sections to prevent chaos and for easy, full and thorough coverage.



The back section all done. I concentrated mainly on my scalp (i've got serious issues there)


The side.
As you can see i didn't use gloves. The clay doesn't stain, just wash your hands after the application and you are good to go.


Finished with all sections






Really covered my hairline (where my dandruff resides and nastiness begins).

After i slather the clay mix on my hair, i covered my hair with a poly bag.


All washed out





My hair felt a little funny after i rinsed the clay out ( CULPRIT - i was a bit heavy handed with the vinegar. I need to learn proportions. It will definitely save my life. lol). But after i applied my leave in conditioner, SOFT HAIR is even an understatement!!!! My hair was literally invisible to touch. Softhair.com (the bomb)

My scalp felt soo clean (without the squeakiness some shampoos cause)
It was definitely a treat to my scalp and strands.

No comments:

Post a Comment