Saturday 12 October 2013

CO-WASHING ???


 Some naturals like to co-wash.
Co-washing is just using only conditioner to wash your hair and completely eliminating shampoos on such wash days. Well, i don't have anything against this routine and i don't have a solid reason why i don't co-wash but i just don't.

Instead i like to use a shampoo bar i got from sheabutter cottage in-between my wash days. Let me explain.
In-between my wash days when i really have the urge to completely soak my hair or feel water on my scalp and when my hair isn't feeling weighed down by products or isn't soo dirty, i use my shampoo bar.



Cioccolatina HANDMADE & NATURAL Rhassoul Shampoo Bar

According to the packaging it says
Fragrance-free with Rhassoul, Panthenol, Fair trade Unrefined Shea, Organic Argan Oil and Olive Oil.

The directions on the packaging says
Gently massage into wet hair, work up a lather and rinse thoroughly avoiding contact with your eyes. Keep drained with a soap dish at all times



I hopped under the shower with my shampoo bar . Prior to that i sectioned my hair into three parts and thoroughly applied the bar to every inch of my hair. I worked up a good amount of lather and then hopped out of the shower to take pics

My huge Bantu-knots without any hair ties. hmmmm i dreamt of such days

You cant actually see much of the lather but if you look closely at my scalp you can see traces of the shampoo bar

I usually leave it in my hair between 5 to 10 minutes. Even though its a SHAMPOO bar, its actually very gentle on my hair.

SIDE NOTE: Natural hair GROWS!!!!! Do you see the color demarcation of the last crazy dye i applied. I think that was two months ago and i have a good amount of growth.


When God made this, He made noooo mistakes. Love your hair!!

I have used this shampoo bar i got from the Shea butter cottage a couple of times and on each time i get the same results. It leaves my hair soo soft and i kid you not my curls (the little i have) goes-a-popping.

No comments:

Post a Comment