Monday 25 November 2013

WEAVE TAKE DOWN: PART 2

I do not follow the regular way of doing things because I always find ways of putting my own special twist to jazz up activities that ordinarily would have been mundane. As I always say, it is your hair and so ENJOY!!!!!

My palette. Where it all began

My oil mix. I placed this bottle in Hot water to warm it up better applying the oil to my scalp and strands.

After taking down the weave and walking around for two weeks with a wig cup, I decided to do a hot oil treatment with my oil mix (grape seed, EVOO, coconut oil and sweet almond oil).
 The twist here was that I did this treatment with my braids still intact and un-raveled.
 My reasons were
  • ·         I could get to my roots a whole lot better this way than if my hair was loose.
  • ·         I didn’t have to struggle with parting my hair and flinching every time there was a snag.
  • ·         For once I wanted to use a regular shower cap and not a poly bag.
  • ·         Generally I got lazy and didn’t want to take my braids out (yes y'all this struggle is real. this is Laziness talking)
  • ·         Finally to make my life a whole lot easier.

I left the oil in my hair for as long as I could manage and covered with a shower cap to trap some heat. I am known for going to bed with mixtures in my hair. Please do not do this if you toss, turn and twist all over the place during sleep time.
 
Loose hair

Even though my scalp needs to be washed desperately, this is the neatest my scalp has ever been. dandruff issues.

I un-raveled the braids and allowed my scalp to relax a bit. I had no pressing issues to attend to and nowhere to go and so I could afford to wash my hair the following day. I gave my hair a much needed scalp massage and then washed with my shampoo and conditioned.

Lol! High forehead..


I love love love high buns. At this point i wasnt ready to wash my hair just yet. A dirty messy bun!!
 
 There is no hard and fast rule and no cutting of corners when it comes to doing things the right way. In Afrodiva’s own words, “natural hair needs time and a lot of patience”


I have no caption for this picture. None at allllll!!!!

I am dreading detangling.

My next step will be washing and deep conditioning (but with a surprising twist). 

Stay tuned
Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment