Sunday 3 November 2013

CURLY FEATURE : KUNLE


Hello fam, meet our very first curly feature in this new series. 
Meet KUNLE from Nigeria

Please introduce yourself.

My name is Kunle, a performer, singer-songwriter/ guitarist and I am from Nigeria.. 




 Have you always been natural and for how long? What motivated this decision?  

I can 80 percent say I have always been natural and the 20% goes to the teenage age when you try a little bit of everything to see what works. But for years now I have stayed natural..  
Well what motivated me is the fact that everything natural is always beautiful and relaxing.. Check it out! When you are being you definitely your tension level is on the cool side cos you ain't working hard to be someone else..  
Also I just like the way it feels and the way my hair looks on me. 


 

How would you describe your hair and what do you love most about your hair?  

My hair is curly when growing and doesn't stay stretched all the time, strong base but softer than an average West African male hair.. What I love most about it is just the fact that its mine and mine only.. So it makes me me..


 

  Has it been easy or difficult taking care of your hair?

 Well I wouldn't say it's very easy cos the environment is  full of wigs, relaxers and the rest.. But at the same time it's not so difficult I have a few places in the city that I go to for treatment and hair care.. 


 

What are some of your favorite hairstyles? 

Ooo talking of hairstyles,  well I don't really have a convention.. But I like it being crazy so i develop my own style the way I want it at any point in time.. I have one that I call Afro-samurai.. Most times that's what I have on..  

 

What is your hair regimen including favorite products?  

Shea butter and coconut oil..  

 

How do you maintain your hair at night? 

Maintaining my hair at night? I am aware of the trouble it  is for people to sleep at night cos they have to be conscious enough not to ruin the hairstyles but for me I don't have any problem at all.. I keep the base of my hair in a scarf before i sleep when I remember to do that though.. But the fact that its natural I don't have any problem with maintenance at night. 


 

What are your thoughts on natural hair in Ghana (ease with products and access to salons), in the workplace and your experiences so far?
  
Coming to Ghana for the first time, the first thing I admired on most Ghanaian women is the hair (aside the  nice butts haha) and there are salons in every corner but I realize at some point it's only few that attend to hair natural..   

 

What is the best thing about being natural? 

The best thing about natural is the fact that it is natural and nature is beautiful.. I am not going to say I wouldn't be adventurous to try something else but for now and I think for a while my hair will stay natural..  

 

Any words of wisdom?  

Be yourself.. Being someone else will only take you for a while but will not last.. Only you can sustain you till the end of your time.. Ciao

Are you on any of the social media and where can one find you. 
Yea definitely.. Twitter @kunlexy24 
Instagram... Kunloskola 
To find me, pass by Lemust restaurant, LABONE just beside churcheese  every Thursday, 7:30pm for a night of soulful music..  
Or check for subsequent gigs and concert dates on my Facebook fan page.. Thanks

  


Thank you Kunle.

Kindly send a mail to yayahabiba@gmail.com if you would like to be featured on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment