Saturday 20 September 2014

HIBISCUS CONDITIONER MIX

Since i dyed my hair, i have had to re-organize a few things. I have had to condition and deep condition more.
I tried the hibiscus conditioner mix and i must confess that i liked it but when it got to washing it out, it almost drove me crazy.

Now, let me list the benefits of hibiscus for the hair.
Hibiscus has been known for its conditioning properties;
  • stimulating hair growth and helping to prevent hair fall.
  • It can be mixed with ayuverdic herbs (amla - to thicken the hair and prevent premature grey strands) or henna to achieve a red/burgundy tinge.
  • It can also be used as a tea (hair) rinse to help promote hair shine. ( info. from the Sheabutter Cottage)

 Hibiscus powder from the sheabutter cottage



 A mixture of
  • Conditioner or deep conditioner of choice
  • Oils of choice (mine were Extra Virgin Olive Oil, amla oil, castor oil and coconut oil)
  • Hibiscus Powder




As usual i do everything in sections. I divided my hair into four sections and started the application. There was no need to wear gloves because the mixture doesnt and didnt stain my hands and so i was good to go.

All done with the application


 After i was done applying the mixture, my hair quickly soaked up everything. I covered with a poly bag and a scarf to promote a little heat for more conditioning effect.

OBSERVATION
  • After 30 minutes of applying this mixture on dry hair, this sucka began to drip all over me!!!!! Whattttttt... Please be mindful of this fact and dont be heavy handed during application. Apply sparingly. A little goes a long way.
  • During application i realised that i had grainy particles flying all over the place. Annoying and messy to say the least.
  • Washing it out of my hair was torture. Try washing lint from a natural textured hair. It was such an ordeal.
However in all i will try this again only if i am given an endless supply of water and a really good shower head.

H


 


 
Texture Shot



Peek-a-boo

No colour change to the dark coloured portions of my hair however the hibiscus brightened the dyed portions of the hair and gave me some shine. Hellllo Shine!!!


3 comments:

  1. lol! try soaking the hibiscus powder in some hot water and mixing the "tea" in with the conditioner. that should help. or you could use it as a tea rinse instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea try mixing the powder with some hot water first

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice remedy and well explained. I tried your suggestion of using supplier of dried hibiscus powder and worked like a champ. Thank You. 

    ReplyDelete