Saturday 20 September 2014

POP OF COLOURS (THE DYE JOB)

This "insanity" was my third time at taking a box dye to my natural hair. I know some naturals are skeptical about altering the colour and to some extent the texture of their hair. But as i usually say "its just hair" and it will grow back.
I purchased this box dye sometime ago but never got round to actually using it. To commemorate two long back breaking years of an Mphil programme, i decided that it was time for some colour and liberation.


The exact box dye!!! Ginger Blonde


 Because of my two prior failed attempts, i wasnt expecting much. Oooohhh but i was in for a huge surprise. Finally some COLOUR!!!!!

 I didnt dye the whole hair because that was not what i was aiming for. I first divided my hair into two sections. I didnt think much of the dying process and so i failed to take pictures of the attempt. I am so sorry y'all. But i will try to describe it as much as i can.
I divided my hair equally from ear to ear. I sectioned off the lower part and tucked it away. I then tackled the front half.


 I sectioned off an inch of hair all around my edges and flat twisted that out of the way and dyed what was left. However i purchased just one box which was and is clearly not enough.





 When the mass of hair is all pulled into a bun at the top of my hair, i still have my pop of colour without scaring off anyone. Lol!! My Significant Other nearly passed out upon seeing the colour. lol


To be sincere with you, changing the colour of your hair is no walk in the park. This move requires that you tweak your regime to cater for the dryness you will experience.  I mixed and applied the dye to my hair MYSELF with no assistance whatsoever. Please, no two heads of hair are the same and so my advice is to seek a professional hair stylist to do this for you. There is always the possibility of jacking up your hair and messing stuff up. This is my way of warmly giving you a heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment