Sunday 13 April 2014

REVIEW OF HAITIAN BLACK CASTOR OIL: 1. DEEP CONDITIONER MIX



My first review of this oil from sheabutter cottage will be how I used it in my deep conditioning process and my results after it. My first thoughts of this oil were


  • I love the packaging. The packaging (bottle) is rubber and so dropping it due to conditioner or hair product-slippery fingers is not a problem. You can easily pick it up right away if it falls. The labelling is also on point, easy to read and traceable right back to the manufacturer (sheabutter cottage). It provides a little background into the origin of the oil and instructions on how to use it. The smell of Haitian Black Castor Oil is similar to the regular JBCO (and am sure the same for castor oil in general except the scented ones).


  • Oil under review. HAITIAN BLACK CASTOR OIL
  • Because this oil (and castor oil in general) is very thick in terms of consistency, I love how the oil dispenses out. A little flows out at a time so that there is no fear of using a lot than intended. A little of this oil goes a long way and so there is no point in being heavy handed.

Very easy to dispense.
 
·    I mixed into my deep conditioner two teaspoons of Haitian Black Castor Oil (pls note that a little bit of this oil at a time goes a long way unless you don’t mind walking around glowing all day).


My mix

·      I applied this on dry hair but you can do this on freshly washed hair. I first sectioned my hair into four sections (everything in sections people!!!!!).

Yeah. I was looking crazy and all. lol
·   I spritzed (slightly moisturized) my hair with water for easy application and to control how much product in terms of quantity I will use. What I have realized over the years in personal hair care is that, I tend to use a lot of products when I apply on dry hair but I use relatively less when I apply on damp/wet hair. Am not about that life of unnecessary wastage lol. But feel free to do it your own way.
 
·     I took down each section at a time and moisturized with just water.

Spraying water throughout the length of my hair to make application easy.
·     I applied my deep conditioner with the Haitian Black Castor Oil on each section and concentrated especially on my ends (the oldest part of our hair).

The application. I always use a smoothing in motion in applying products.

Hair all coated with the conditioner and Haitian black Castor Oil
  
   Since this is a deep conditioning treatment I left it in my hair for an hour and some minutes.

My deep condition cap aka polythene bag

·         I had some errands to run and so I had to doll up somehow and look presentable.

 


·         After an hour and a half I washed out the conditioner and styled. My hair was soo soft to touch. I can’t say am surprised with the outcome because I am well aware of the potential of Castor oil.


Hair straight out of the shower with no products applied. I do EVERYTHING in sections.

·         I sealed in moisture with this same oil (HBCO) and then did a twist and curl for church the following day.

A little goes a very long way because this oil is really think. No need to be heavy handed.

Smoothing the hair strands. Sealing in moisture with the HAITIAN BLACK CASTOR OIL. The pure versatility of this oil.


Pure Joy!!! I just cant wait for Sunday morning to unleash the curls.
Back view. I dont care so much for neat parts because my hair will cover it all up when i take the rollers down

Side view

Yesssssss!!!! No perm, no texturizers!! Beautifully natural (with a weird but fun texture) 


I was gifted this oil and this fact did not influence my positive review in any way. My opinions above are my own.
No two heads of hair are the same, what worked for me may not necessarily work for you. Explore your adventurous and mixtress side when it come to your hair.

Enjoy Chicas




1 comment:

  1. Look at that shine though! Oh i have this oil and its just sitting on my table. Cant wait to use it

    ReplyDelete