Tuesday 18 March 2014

AU NATURALE for 2014!!!!



Hi everyone,
I am soo late with this post but i will fill you in on all that i have been up to since January with respect to shindigs concerning my hair.
So i decided at the beginning of the year to shake up my hair regime drastically. It was a major shake y'all!!!!. Some of the changes i made are ridiculous but "its just hair, if it falls out i will nurture it back". Lol
Below are the changes i have made and they are all jeered towards a better and healthy hair journey.

1. I have stopped combing or detangling my hair with any combs (wide tooth or small tooth combs). What i do instead is finger detangling. If you dont understand please watch this video below from afroDiva Nally.



                     
                 

2. I no longer use commercial shampoos or cleansing formulations as we know it. In stead i use a shampoo bar. I use the Rhassoul shampoo bar from sheabutter cottage.  This bar does not strip my hair the way other commercial shampoos do. It leaves my hair moisturized and soft to touch and the best part is its a natural shampoo for y'all who are very health conscious.
Contact sheabutter cottage Ghana on 020 8304396 if you are interested in this all natural shampoo bar.


3. I do not wash my hair with conditioners anymore. After i go in with my shampoo bar i dont apply any other washing product. I finger detangle under the shower stream and this is enough for me.

4. I still do a protein and moisture treatment also. For my protein treatment i use egg yolk, a dollop of honey, EVOO and coconut oil. I mix everything up and apply to my hair.
For the moisture treatment i use only honey or sometimes i mix in a few oils and apply to my hair.

5. I do other herbal treatments.

















Once a week i mix

2 tablespoons of henna
2 spoons of amla
2 spoons of Brahmi
2 spoons of neem powder
honey
water

I mix all the above powders up with water and honey and apply to freshly washed hair and leave this goodness in for a couple of hours and wash out (the powders contain a lot of grits so i make sure to wash it out well). This completes my washing.

Once every two weeks i do a cleansing treatment with bentonite clay or rhassoul clay mixed with just water or sometimes coconut milk.




6. From the shower i apply a little bit of leave in and follow it up with my favorite oil at the moment, ARGAN OIL.
With this as my canvas i can then style my hair into whatever style i desire.

This is what currently works for my hair. Please realize that no two heads of hair are the same and what works for me may not work for you. Be creative!!

Please contact sheabutter cottage on 020 8304396 for all the products i listed in my regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment